1. Charming is a great name for a town. Especially one that’s run by a biker gang, wait, I mean club.
2. Everyone needs some swagger. From the hunched forward shoulders of Clay to Jax’s pendulum-like arm swing, I love it.
3. Bobby Munson is the best of the the SAMCRO crew. But I think that’s because he’s the most stable. Now Jax, is of course the prettiest, but let’s be honest here, they all smoke and that’s just downright unattractive.
4. The women in biker clubs are hard ladies. I do not dispute that they can be pretty, but between Gemma and Tara, my overall impression is–angry.
5. Katey Sagal is PERFECT in her role. I love her aged biker chick style. She deserved the Golden Globe she won.
6. Not enough clubs have powerful matriarchs. Now, I would suggest that my own in-law family is definitely run by the matriarch, but imagine the exact opposite of Gemma. Well, the body is the same (sans tattoos), but everything else is different.
7. Motorcycles are rude. I believed it before watching the show and affirm that it continues to be true. They are too loud. I don’t approve of noise pollution.
8. Irish accents are difficult to understand in any film. I don’t understand most of what is being said during the IRA gun deals–or Chibs’ conversations either.
9. Beards deserve special treatment. I prefer the more carefully crafted beard of Jax to Opie’s mountain man look. And by the way, a giant beanie, really, doesn’t it ever get too hot in California for that?
10. It must be tiring to raise hell 7 days a week. I don’t know how they keep up.
11. Bikers subsist on liquor and cigarettes. That’s a pretty sad diet. They should eat more greens. Maybe everyone would be less irritable.
12. Sometimes you just have to go nomad. I understand it, Jax.
There you have it. Things I learned from Sons of Anarchy.
Dunce Four, Dunce One’s Old Lady. Later on maybe I’ll write a Sons of Anarchy how to keep an old lady post.
Join us. Subscribe.